Monday, January 21, 2013

The story of “Barfi” and “Gur”


It happened one fateful night, no day, ok let that be any time. I mean it had to happen one day or the other, as one was trying to sneak in to the ‘Kat’ bungalow and the other sneak out- this now infamous encounter happened in the Chameli Garden between 'Barfi' and 'Gur' (Molasses)

Gur: How dare you come here again? Do you have no fear of breaking your bones?

Barfi: Gur bhai, remember, that though you have more raw power but I too come from a great lineage, so back off.

Gur: Don’t you know I have fed this firangi cow with all my ‘Gur’ and now that it is time to  get ‘barabar’ and then you want to take away all the milk.

Barfi: Have you ever heard about a 'Gwala' getting the milk?

Gur: I’m not only the ‘Gwala’ but also the ‘Rakhwala’. The whole flock calls me ‘bhai’ of course I find it very odd when some birds pick up their clothes from my vanity van and before going out say – “When can we meet again, bhai’? Ok- forget that, it’s besides the point- Beta Barfi- you get out of this angle and better behave yourself.

Barfi: Bhai…..err…….Sir, I know you are strong and sticky but there is no harm in sharing, you know I’m so lost after that K brand Coffee spilled on me.

Gur: Just back out from this one, I’ll give you printout….ok that will be too much. Being human- let us save the environment- I’ll give you the list in a USB.

Barfi: (Suddenly goes mute) and starts telling in sign language that he can’t, takes out his heart and places in front of Gur

Gur: I have to put the fear of God into this cutely cut rhombus- starts pumping his muscles. Don’t you know how much is  my market demand- I sell by tones and my turnover is hundred crores every year.

Barfi: Yes, I know- the whole cattle world needs you and even the flies stick to you so lecherously. 

Gur: (For the first time, slackens, looks despondent and starts melting)

Barfi:On second thoughts, I’ll be generous Sir…err…bhai. Mom will be proud. You keep this Kat, I’ll take the black lady.


(Disclaimer: All ‘Gur’ fans, no intention of hurting you, when it comes to basic instincts- ‘Gur’ works fine but if it is your wedding- ‘Barfi’ has to be served.)

No comments:

Post a Comment